Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Lovin' It

You know the feeling of when what you have in you mind actually comes out in your creations?  Well that actually happened on this card.  Just a little tweeking for a few details I was unsure about.  I bought this Basic Grey Blush paper a while back cause I just loved it and finally used it today.  I started with sponging the edges with distress ink in a vintage pink on naturals ivory cardstock (my fav). I created my background paper with distressing ink and the SU! Vintage Vogue floral stamp, love how that turned out.  It's such a beautiful floral stamp.  I covered my bird with some patterned paper, sanded the edges and inked the edges with distress ink.

I used PTI background text in rose red ink, some prima leaves, pearls, PTI sweet blush satin ribbon and a PTI aqua mist button tied with linen twine  . . . swoon! Finished it off with SU! Well Scripted sentiment and there you have it!  Makes me happy just looking at it.
 



Busy day today, catching up on cleaning, laundry, running little Ali to school and back and  now we're off to ballet lessons, she's so excited to wear her new purple ballet outfit!  And I need to make something extra yummy for my Jen (she's 19, moved out on her own a few months back and just got her hours cut at her job and might have to move back home), she's so depressed, she probably needs some homemade macaroni (her favorite) and maybe some brownies, you know how we girls like to eat when we're stressed! Oh to be young again! Not.

1 comment: