Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Years Resolution

I made 3 stamping New Years resolutions this year, one was to start blogging another was to do challenges and upload my creations and my third one was to try to build a business with my stamping. I actually created this blog 3 months ago and never posted on it. It was totally overwhelming figuring out how to do this and I got too frustrated trying to understand it all. I resolved to try again at the beginning of the new year and so here I am. I set myself a goal to at least blog 3 times a week, more would be great but I need a starting place. My other goal is to do at least 1 challenge a week and upload my project. For my third resolution I want to continue building my stamping/crafting business. I participated in 2 bazarrs (spelling?) during the holiday season and was totally overwhelmed by the positive response I received. I do have to share my little testimony. I've been stamping for 19 years but only here and there. I really started stamping a lot the past 2 years and kept outgrowing my little corner of our office. Well my heart's desire has been to pursue this passion more seriously and to see if I can make a little extra income in the process, Well I had been praying a lot asking if this was a path I should pursue because I would totally be happy keeping this as just my hobby. For so many months my prayers were unanswered and I wasn't sure if I was just spinning my wheels for nothing. I truly want to do what God's will is for my life and if it meant primarily nursing then I would do that. Well I did 1 bazaar and it was great, I earned far more than I could have imagined. So that next day I prayed and remembering what my mother taught me about prayer she said I needed to be specific in my prayer, so I asked  for a specific sign if I should continue to pursue making a business with my stamping, and I said if it is your plan for me to make a business with my stamping and that is your will then give me a sign on Monday by having someone place an order for some stamping projects. Knowing full well that I had to work on Monday and that no one would be placing an order, after all no one had ever done that before from my work. Well that Monday morning after about an hour at work a gal came up to me (from my bazaar) and gave me a piece of paper and said I have an order for you from a friend of mine, she would like 9 gift card holders made! Boy did I get goose bumps! Thank you Lord! He has totally blessed me so far in my pursuit. I had my next bazaar coming up in November and I thought, how am I gonna keep this going after the holiday bazaars are over. I thought I really need to start having stamping classes, but how and with who. Again I said a prayer asking Him to lead me in the direction He wants me to go. I asked Him to bring someone to my booth that would lead me in my next endeavor. Well I had one gal ask me to bring my things to her bazaar the following weekend (which I couldn't since I had other plans, but I was appreciative and honored by her invitation) and I met a couple of great gals who absolutely loved my stuff and asked if I could give them a stamping class right away! I did 2 weeks later to these gals and a group of their friends! I am so thankful to God for bringing these women to my booth, we are having our next stamping class next weekend and I am doing a spring bazaar in March! I am excited to see where He will lead me in this adventure and am so thankful for his answers to my prayers. I truly would be satisfied keeping this as my hobby, but my heart's desire is to really do this for a living, although I'm not totally sure which avenue He has in store for me. One thing I know is that I've always trusted Him and I try to follow His plan for my life, wherever it may lead me, it usually works better than when I try to make up my own plan! On to my projects.














No comments:

Post a Comment