Friday, January 22, 2010

Valentine bookmarks

Wow, I almost didn't think I'd get some stamping in today. Little Ali wanted to go to McDonald's for lunch and go inside and play.  I thought "I can do this", figured I'd take a magazine and forgot that, and my dumb luck all the schools had an early release day so there were tons of kids at McDonalds!  After that little adventure we went to the library to check out some beginning reading books, perfect for my little stamping project - valentine bookmarks.  Figured I'd make some of these for the kids at her preschool to give along with a treat.  Here's a pic of what I did today:

Here's a sampling of what I made.  Some for kids and some for the teachers.


I left these so the kids could color their own in, maybe I'll include a couple of crayons instead of candy.


I thought the teachers could have these. 
They were super easy to do.  I cut 1" strips that were 8" long, adhered them to white cardstock that was 8"x11 1/2 " leaving a small space at the 5 1/2" mark to cut in half.  Then cut 2" bookmarks, making 8 lickity split.  Used a corner rounder for the top corners, and my crop-o-dile for a hole at the top to slip a ribbon through.  Really wanted to put a couple of buttons on but figured they wouldn't let a book close all the way.
Well that's it for today.  Plan for tomorrow is to make my Valentine banner for my mantle. 
Happy Stamping,
Lea



No comments:

Post a Comment