Wednesday, October 19, 2011

A Challenge

 I was given a challenge to copy a card from the current Stampin' Up! Idea Book & Catalog, but I had to use different stamps and a different color scheme.  I chose to copy the layout from page 87 Pony Party card.  Go ahead and look it up if you have the catalog and let me know what you think!  If you don't have the catalog, just click on the catalog on the left side of my blog to download a copy of the current catalog.  It was fun and easy to do and it just goes to show anybody can copy a card from the book and come up with a totally different look using your own stamps and papers that you have on hand.  I challenge you to go ahead and try to copy a card from the catalog  and use your own stamps and color scheme.  It was really fun to do!
I knew what colors I wanted to use but wasn't sure what base color I wanted for sure so I made two using same colors and changing the base color around.  I think I like the one with the Soft Suede base color best!  How about you? 


Supplies for this card:

Stamps:  Vintage Vogue Item # 117690 wood mount
                                                 118598 clear mount
Ink:  Rich Razzleberry Item # 115658
        Soft Suede Item #115657
Cardstock:  Rich Razzleberry Item # 115316
                   Soft Suede Item # 115318
                   Old Olive Item # 100702
Ribbon:  Old Olive 5/8" satin Item # 117292
Accessories:  Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder Item #120175
                     Scallop Edge Punch Item # 119882
                     Handheld Punch Item # 101227
                     Basic Pearls Item # 119247

If you are interested in ordering any of the supplies listed, or any other Stampin' Up! supplies I now have my online website for ordering up and running.  You can order products from http://www.leasorley.stampinup.net/ and don't forget to check out the clearance rack!

Now I challenge you to make your card!  Have fun, that's what it's all about. 

Happy Crafting,
Lea

1 comment: